Again, here I am with another recipe.
This one is good and I mean really good don’t let the terrible picture fool you!
For the most part, I like to follow recipes but sometimes with soups it is better to go by taste and consistency. This is a rough outline…
– Dash of Olive oil
– 1 medium onion
– 4 stalks of celery
– 3 cloves of minced garlic
– 2-3 cups of sliced mushrooms
-finely chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup cooking wine
– 1-2 cups vegetable broth
– 1 cup sour cream ( or greek yogurt)
– 1 1/2 cup plain dairy-free soy milk, plus more if neccessary
– Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Grab a large stock pot
2. Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
3. Toss in chopped onion and celery. Let it become translucent. Add garlic.
4. Add parsley, nutmeg, thyme and cooking wine.
5. Dump in your mushrooms. Let it cook down.
6. Add sour cream, vegetable broth, soy milk and a little flour to thicken.
7. Add salt, pepper, toss in green onions.
8. Taste – add anything if needed.
9. Enjoy! We ate our soup with a toasted sourdough baguette and brie.