I am not one for New Years resolutions. I tend to think they are silly. I am more on bored with if you want to change it- change now!
However, I think that there are a few things I would like to improve upon this year and it is my hope that by putting what I want to accomplish down in writing it will help me actually accomplish it!
1. Spend time with those that matter. (Phone calls, letters, physical time) Nurturing relationships is so important.
2. Stop placing expectations on others.
3. Try to simplify what I own and not let possessions overwhelm me.
4. Take time to do grandma things (make jam, crochet, sew) but also make time for adventures and going out every once in awhile past nine pm.
5. Read a book a month that will teach me something.
6. Read/watch the news – and not Yahoo news like real real news so I know what is going on in the world.
I am so beyond blessed with the life I have. My grandma and I were talking a few nights ago and I was commenting on how lucky I have been to always be surrounded by good people. I have and I am.
I am so excited for this new year and the chance to embark on more adventures, try new things, get better at old things and learn more about myself and the world around me.
I am ready for you 2014!